As a part of the Annual General Assembly (AGA), International Association of Maritime Universities Conference (IAMUC) brings together experts and official representatives of each member university from all over the world to discuss recent progress and future trends in maritime education, training, research and other matters within the scope of IAMU.
The theme of the IAMUC 2019 is Charting the Course for the Future of Maritime Universities: Environmental, Technological, Economical, Social, and Policy Impacts. The IAMUC program is organized within six sessions, five sessions dedicated to the main theme categories and the additional Student Session.
Prospective authors are cordially invited to submit up to 2 pages abstract before 1st April 2019. After notification of acceptance (1st May 2019) the authors will be asked to prepare a full paper version. The deadline for sending full paper versions is 15th June 2019. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. The Proceedings papers authors will have opportunity to submit an extended version of the paper to the IAMU Section of the WMU Journal of Maritime Affairs.
Abstracts are limited to one page of text and a second, optional page with up to four figures/tables. The abstract should explain clearly the content and relevance of the paper. The manuscript should contain: (1) title of the paper, (2) name, affiliation, and email of each author, (3) keywords (3-5 words), and (4) e-mail address of the corresponding author. Authors (including the student abstract authors) should follow the instructions given in the Abstract Template.
The IAMUC program will include both oral and poster presentations. IAMUC poster abstracts have equal weight to oral presentations. Submission of an abstract will be taken to imply that it represents an original work and that it has not been previously published or considered elsewhere for publication. As overall time for abstract presentations at the conference is limited, it is entirely possible that abstracts that has been recommended for publication by International Program Committee will not be included in IAMUC 2019 program due to time constraints. All presented abstracts will be published in the Conference Book with assigned ISBN identifier.
The abstract submission has closed.
Submission should contain the manuscript and cover letter. Authors are fully responsible for the content of the manuscript and for the English language quality of the text. Manuscripts that present original, unpublished research material and are not being submitted for publication elsewhere will be consider for publications in the Proceedings. Manuscripts will be peer-reviewed to ensure both accuracy and relevance. Authors should follow the instructions given in the Full Paper Template.
Submit your manuscripts together with the cover letter electronically to .
Note: Please indicate your abstract ID (iamu2019XXXX) in the title of the e-mail.
The full paper submission deadline is 15th of June 2019.
Authors of the papers that are accepted for publications in the Proceedings will be asked to submit an extended version of the paper to the IAMU Section of the WMU Journal of Maritime Affairs.
Authors are invited to submit any questions at .
- Oral Presentation Guidelines
- Oral presentation slots have 20 minutes (discussion will be held during the forum). Session Chairs will strictly demand the time in order to allow time for members of the audience to switch the Sessions between presentations.
- All session rooms are equipped with a projector, computer (MS Windows, MS PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat), microphone, remote control and laser pointer. To avoid software compatibility problems, please embed all fonts in your PPTX file and bring a backup PDF file of your presentation. The projector is with VGA and HDMI connectors and have a resolution of 1280x800 pixels (16:10 aspect ratio).
- Please bring your presentation on an USB storage device and report to the Session Chair indicated in the IAMUC Program 15 minutes before start of the Session.
- Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Posters will be presented during the Poster Sessions indicated in the IAMUC Program. Presenters should be standing next to the poster during the Poster Sessions in order to answer any question.
- Poster should be printed in size A0 (841 mm x 1189 mm). Please use large fonts (24 or above), avoid using dense text, tell the story in graphics, diagrams and pictures as much as possible. Poster main ideas should be clearly spelled out in the introduction and conclusions sections. The main point of the work should be crystal clear from spending only a few moments reading these sections.
- Material for mounting the posters will be at the registration desk. Poster boards will be organized by the Sessions.
- Please mount your posters on Thursday (October 31st) from 13:00 to 18:00 or on Friday (November 1st) from 8:00 to 9:00.
- Posters should be dismounted at 17:30 of Friday (November 1st).